Advertisement

Natural Resonant Frequency of Chakras

topic posted Tue, July 12, 2005 - 6:57 AM by  white wizard
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi all,

I've been exploring the relationship between sound, geometry, light and the physical/spirtual body some time . . . throughout my research I have found their to a varying range of ideas about the 'frequency' of Chakras.

It is widely accepted that the Chakras can be mapped/described in terms of colour - and these tend to be universally the same, Red, Orange, yellow - through to Violet . . . however, with regards to frequency - opinions seem to differ greatly. Some believe the Base Chakra to resonanate with 'C' (in western music) through to B (7 full tones) - which does appear to make logical sense. However, if we are to be mathematically precise - and calculate the frequency of the light spectrum - and then pass down through the octaves of resonance - a different model appears.

Nick Anthony Fiorenza, in his study (1987) concluded that Red - with a frequency of 6870 Angstrom maps to 397 Hz (close to G at 392Hz). He utilised the equation : Angstrom = c/f (where c = speed of light and f = frequency). Orange comes in at 431Hz (close to 'A'), Voilet at 665hz (close to E).

If correct, this theory would effectively invalidate the precision with which some people believe Chakra balancing can be achieved . . . I'm not suggesting by any means that Music has no effect - just that it may be different to that which some percieve . . .

Obviously the precise colours of the Chakras would have bearing on it's resonant frequency - so I understand the whole situation is rather complex . . .

Anyone looked into this further? I's be very intersted in additional input . . .

Regards

Peace,

David x
posted by:
white wizard
London
Advertisement
  • Re: Natural Resonant Frequency of Chakras

Tue, July 12, 2005 - 9:50 AM
    Hi , when my wife looks at my car, she says its green. To me the car is absolutely blue. Are there conventions that define absolute values of frequencies as particular colors?
    Would my wife perceive her chakras as different colors than me?
    If we compared paint samples to find out would one of us have the badly perceived chakras?
    All Im trying to say is that perception is so crucial to the equation it seems unfair to quantify it without taking that into consideration. And how do you do that?
  • Unsu...

Re: Natural Resonant Frequency of Chakras

Tue, July 12, 2005 - 2:29 PM
    From what I have been able to determine, work and understanding of chakras tends to be anything but "universal."

At least two major chakra systems exist...one from the Hindu tradition, and one from the Taoist tradition. And others exist as well.

The Hindu system seems by far the one that more people here in the west have become familiar with. This system was "westernized" due to concepts of western science...one of them being the color spectrum. Chakras in ancient India had different colors than the ones we use today. The heart chakra, for example, was considered blue. The ROY G. BIV invention came much later, as the result of the work of Sir Isaac Newton.

Non-Indian "chakra" systems use other sets of colors and visualizations entirely.

Several sets of sound tones have been suggested for the chakras. Most do not seem in agreement here either. Probably a specific set of notes existed in the ancient Hindu/Tantrist culture as well, though this seems to have been lost, as far as I can tell....

I guess the bottom line for me would be that unless/until science has a way to detect the actual frequencies of chakras and measure them...that what we'll have amounts to the speculations and intuitions of various healers and mystics...not a single definitive answer to the question.

And on that "note" I say...I've always found it best to use what works for me...and toss out what does not work for me.

Namaste,

Evan

Tue, July 12, 2005 - 8:11 PM
      Evan,

This is interesting stuff . . . which unfortunately validates my concerns about 'certain' spirtual guides and the 'my way is the only way' phenomena . . .

It really is a labyrinth out there . . .

I agree with your points regarding the tones for the chakras - I sure this is something that the 'acended masters' developed very much in response to 'gut feeling' so to speak and requires individual adjustment :-)

An interesting point to consider that I've just stumbled upon though. The current international 'tuning' standard; that of the note A assigned to 440Hz is purely a result of decimalisation (and makes tuning easier :-) However, prior to mechanisation instruments were tuned from a different base frequency, one that had been established over the ages. This leads me to believe that overall resonant structure of western (and specifically electronic) music suffers the same fate as our ill gotten 12:60 timing frequency - it fails to hit the spot . . . and may be assisting with the world-wide tune-out . . . as the entire harmonic structure is tuned incorrectly . . .

A erroneous mistake if this is the case . . .

I call for the WORLD PEACE MUSIC FREQUENCY CHANGE :-)

TO what I'm not sure yet though . . .

Peace,

Glitch

Wed, July 13, 2005 - 4:17 AM
        yes...f*&k middle c...the ones who say this is the base are most likely to be classically trained in music...hmmmm
        we know in our cells what is our resonance. . .
        it is that simple.

i would back the call for a freeing of frequency from the rigid training structure that is here now.
        concert pitch is a have!

feeling tetchy
        david

Tue, August 2, 2005 - 5:12 PM
        Base frequency changes as the body is attuned to the earth...whose resonance has something to do with the Fibonacci sequence. As modernities syncopated rhythm takes over it becomes more difficult for the body to attune with nature. We can attune through chanting and toning....using the throat chakra... that metabolizes spiritual energies of the upper chakras. The true voice can heal the body through sound.
    • Unsu...

Wed, July 13, 2005 - 6:02 AM
      I feel it is important to consider that although we are all in essence from the same star, I don't believe we all are all resonating at the same frequency, therefor regardless of who says what about the scientific/mathematical resonances of the human form, I believe it will consistantly vary from person to person. there are so many shades within the electro magnetic spectrum of life...I completely agree that its best to use what works for you and to toss out what does't, and as for a single definate answer??

Looking into Cymatics may be a key to understanding the effect and the difference between electronic and acustic frequencies, and their effect on the crystalline structure of the human form?... this inturn may lead to understaning the energy centres of the body/planet/universe etc etc.

A Japanese musician/composer and bioenergeticain, Fabian Maman, has conductd some interesting experiments on the way that sound effects the human on a celluler level.
      He discovered that certain sounds produced certain colours around the cell... if your interested try lookin up 'TAMA DO' or 'KOTOTAMA'

peace, love, honour
      Aloha,

Carla

Sun, July 31, 2005 - 12:44 PM
        Yes... Fabian Maman uses these as his chackra frequencies and I have been using them with wonderful results. And they also match up close with the colors....
        Root- F / Sacral- C / Solar-G / Heart-D / Troat-A / 3rd eye-E / Crown-B

They are using the circle of fiths...

I have a D Didj that loves to be played on the heart... Long before learned this method..?!!!
        • Unsu...

Mon, August 1, 2005 - 9:43 AM
          Tama -Do has a wonderful set of chakra realignment sound tubes available for purchase, along with other larger sound tables,and tube sets. these guys are expensive, but they are quality tools- the materlias are top notch.

peace,
          aspa

Tue, August 2, 2005 - 5:05 PM
      To my recollection the chakra sounds of Indian were explored through Ragas...which is why the notes are entirely different.

Alisa :)

Mon, November 21, 2005 - 1:32 PM
        "To my recollection the chakra sounds of Indian were explored through Ragas...which is why the notes are entirely different."

FYI: The division of the Octave in the Raga is based on a 22 note scale. The tonal patterns of the Raga are based in the Sanskrit language. I believe there are 5 parts of the mouth and 5 parts of the cavity.

It is interesting to me that 22 / 7 = 3.1428 (pi is 3.1415)

Dave in Oregon

Tue, November 22, 2005 - 12:14 PM
          I dont know if this was alraedy covered..........

But the mention of color correlated to chakra, so whats its sound frequency..... gives it own answer.

The various colors are energy frequencies that we perceive. So too are sounds, they are just in a different register of the total spectrum of energy. In this regard the color is the sound:) If one would wish to 'bring down' the light/color into the hearing range then one could correlate it within a specific key at a lower octave, there by making the 'color' heard as a sound :)

I agree with much of what I have read :) No I dont think there is a universal sound for any one chakra on all people in general (unless one wanted to create one based on a 'norm' or created from a cross section of people who's chakra's have been audibly mapped.

Personally I understand the desire to bring into the intellectual light the ability to affect the chakra's thru sound, then you could teach it directly (books, seminars, lectures)
          But personally I believe that quite a bit of this type of understanding is not capable of being grasped by our 'consciousness' at this time of evolution.
          Yes, we are still able to do the work (healing thru sound) but much takes place on another level of conscious existence which is not easilly (if possible at all) accessed by the ego mind :) Just like a beautiful piece of music is not one where the musician has to think every note he/she is playing, but rather allows it to come from spirit :)
          Perhaps by bringing ourselves to the most awareness of our intents in producing particular sounds for healing....then allowing our higher selves, spirit, to work thru us will achieve a better result?

(I was just thinking about this today before getting on the computer)
          Fox

Sat, November 26, 2005 - 10:35 AM
            "Personally I understand the desire to bring into the intellectual light the ability to affect the chakra's thru sound, then you could teach it directly (books, seminars, lectures)
            But personally I believe that quite a bit of this type of understanding is not capable of being grasped by our 'consciousness' at this time of evolution. "

I think we see it manifest now as is in the beauty of true music, healing and worship. These are not activities that are easily grasped intellectually.

When music is explained intellectually we began to see 'interval theory' and other 'systems' that are actually higher forms of plane geometry. Geometry is full or paradoxes and intuitive realiations.

Ideally I think all Musicans should strive to be masterful story tellers, and convey the information of their trade for what it is, a key into the timeless universal language of our race. Really is it words we want to be bonded to? hah.

Dave

Tue, August 2, 2005 - 5:02 PM
    Yes... check out The Human Energy Systems by Jack Schwarz.. this book is out of print...so, you'll have to buy it used on Amazon, etc.. I think you'll get the answers to the resonant properties that you seek. Also of importance are the Rays...the chakras are energy transmitters that step-down Kosmic ray energies.

Alisa :)

www.EcologyoftheSpirit.com
    Integrating Humanity with Soul
    • Unsu...

Tue, August 2, 2005 - 6:23 PM
      This is an incredibly deep topic, and I think everyone here has posted very valid and thoughtful responses. I think Carla truly has mentioned something very important that I fully agree with; we all have fundementally different frequencies resonating through us, relating to our physical bodies, our celestial connections, our thought patterns ect.. Also the resonant frequency of the celestial bodies is always changing too, albiet very slowly in most cases.

So I believe our intuitive sense is where it is at, like Evan suggested, only we can know what feels right, and we can share that with others when sharing healing and music as well.

A very related subject is that of tonal systems, equal-temperament tuning (using approximations of tones to alow for multiple octave instruments and arrangements) is a recent system that when compared to Just tuning (mathematically accurate tuning, related to classical Indian and Chinese music) is not in alignment with our spiritual systems. Or so many would say. Once again I think that our own intuition and creative powers nearly supercede any of this, and if it feels good, it is good.

I don't think it matters what we are singing, if it comes from the heart. Could you imagine the whole world joined in song---

Tue, August 9, 2005 - 12:50 PM
        This is something I’ve been thinking about for years in my music. Its something that i try to accomplish when I write and perform it as well as always been something that i look for in the music that I like. I think that lower frequencies affect lower chakras and higher frequencies affect higher chakras. I also think different elements in music effect different ones as well. For instance in electronic dance music, you have a bassline and that hits the anal and sexual chakras. It’s also what gets the ass shakin on the dance floor. The kick hits the solar plexus and chest chakras. I think that melodies hit the heart chakras that symbolize in a way the emotional part of a song not to mention the frequencies of melodies are usually in the middle range. It’s possible that vocals hit the throat and heart chakras. Like when a brilliant vocal artist sings and your heart chakra lights up. You even feel a tingle up your spine because the chi energy runs along those paths. Then the higher frequencies as well as tweaky electronic sounds hit the third eye and crown chakra points.

A lot of psytrance has higher tweaky sounds that seem to stimulate the mental regions of the body (the head) and visual (third eye) points as well. In good electronic music that includes a good bassline, kick, melodies, tweaky mentally stimulating sounds and even vocals will stimulate the 7 most important chakras in the body whipping one in a frenzy on the dance floor. When you have other styles that are not melodic and more mental then only those regions are being stimulated compared to music with melodies that stimulate more middle/emotional regions of the body. Things like high hats seem to stimulate the higher regions of the body like the head as well. When you feel music like that on a large sound system you can feel that vibrating through your entire body.

You can also use Taoist meditation techniques such as putting the tongue to the roof of your mouth while on the dance floor to connect the 2 channels inside your body and feel the effects even more. I recommend trying this the next time you're brocking out to your favorite artist or dj on a dance floor and experiment for yourself :)

As for specific frequencies and the chakra points, I think its hard science to knock down. Since our bodies are subconscious and our heads are conscious it would be hard to define it to specific frequencies since so much of it is a "feeling" in our subconscious bodies. Your chi being the energy you feel along your chakra points are nonlinear and connected to the nonlinear part of the universe. So it’s more connected to your intuition as compared to thoughts that are linear and conceptual. There is a balance between the 2 worlds and music has been historically known to cross those boundaries.

When a musician or composer writes or plays, it’s more of a feeling inside that directs affects the direction as well as the thought process of what chord to play and the instrumental technique to pull it off effectively. So it all relates to both and music coincides with intuitional/emotional lower chakra points as well the mental higher ones.

Tue, August 9, 2005 - 5:14 PM
          Just want to to say thanks to everyone for responses . . . not a untruth spoken . . .

Science always wants to rationalise . . . as do I sometimes . . . but the creation moves in curves and dimensions unbeknown to us . . .

We are all unique . . . and special. . . golden light . . .

Anyone who suggests otherwise should be questioned . . . as should anyone procliaming understanding 'the system'.

I am guilty of this from time to time I know . . . tbat's why I'm here . . .

Josh . . . NAMASTE . . . I think you have it nailed . . .

If it feels good then go with the flow . . .

Washing machines work for me ;-)

In lakesh,

David
        • Unsu...

Tue, August 9, 2005 - 6:44 PM
          It is obvious you have considered these things for a long time Josh, your obversations make a lot of sense, and your post has kind of brought some ideas together for me.

It seems most of us agree there is no concrete, tangible resonances of the chakras, yet it also seems that there is a consensus as to the lower chakras being affected by lower tones, and the higher by higher frequencies, respectively.

This got me thinking that although there may be no specific notes, there is probably a tonal zone that resonates especially with each chakral area. I'd be curious to find out which frequencies are being used with the tuned sets of insturments sold, to see if there might be a pattern or median among them.

Thanks for your thoughtful information, everyone, this is most fun!

Wed, August 10, 2005 - 4:47 PM
            Well based on the different elements of music you can approximate the frequency ranges. For instance the 20-500 Hz range would more then likely stimulate the anus and genital chakras. 500-1000 Hz range for the solar plexus, 750-2500 Hz for the heart and throat and 2500+ for the third eye and crown regions. Its kind of hard to fine tune it to the exact frequency but then again chi runs along a path, its not all just on the points of the chakras but it flow through your entire body. So there would a cusp or blending of different regions and they might flow into each other. I do think that not only is it just the frequency but the element of the music. Like drum sounds would affect lower and higher points such as the solar plexus and below and the third eye and above, where melodies seem to affect throat and heart regions more. It’s even something you feel when you listen to a beautiful melody. It does something to your emotions. I’m probably repeating myself by now ;)

Then you have the infamous brown note used by ELF warfare at 10 Hz to make you crap in your pants. I guess that one would for sure be the anus chakra ;) hehe
            • Unsu...

Thu, August 11, 2005 - 1:46 AM
              We've got a lot of intense pieces here, and it will be a blessing when (we) bring them together, or someone else, or some other group, does : )

I don't think Chakras 'exist' apart from our belief in them. I don't think bodies exist apart for our belief in them either, but that's beside the point. Chakras are much much more in flux, namely, when we choose a different system, if it has enough conherence, and relevance and resonance... well it WILL BECOME MORE REAL AS WE INVEST IN IT. We are forming an energetic language with our souls, and Chakras are simple basic begnnings that allow us to converse outside of the boundaries of our old perceptions.

With energy.

I gathered this when I read Gopi Krishna's book on Kundalini. He had one of the most amazing, beautiful and profound abilities to look within his energy body, and to watch and comprehend what the hell was happening. In decades of such work, at no point did he ever encounter anything like a Chakra, and he was rather bemused by that fact - because he expected to.

He lived in India, but he practiced his own meditation without human guidance for ten years, and then busted into an energetic awareness that, to me, sounded a lot like the Chinese meridian system. My sense is that his unusual meditation lead him through the mind repeatedly, until he found the frequencies the Chinese were working on - from within - and was ripped from the Hindu frequencies into a very different reality (it hurt him a lot).

'The Holographic Universe' relayed the story of a budding intuitive in the Philipenes who 'saw' the Hindu symbol for each Chakra, PHYSICALLY written in people's energy. But she didn't know what they meant. What I believe she was seeing was the resonance of many people's belief in that system of thought. Their belief makes it real, and the better it works the more believe. And other people can tune into their belief just like we dial a radio station.

So its a self-reinforcing process, a co-creation with Gaia. And we will be far more successful, I believe, as we learn to interpret WHY different systems work better for different people, how we can combine the strengths of each, and eventually settle on more unified approaches that do indeed include tight and clear harmonies between, color, vibration, and much much more.

I'm going on so long, because I believe it is terribly important that we have certain foundations in common, in order to have conversations that honor the depth of experience I hear from so many of you. It is, presently, the wild west here, and in most holistic energywork circles. The order, in my eye, need not be forced, but can be a natural result of EXPANDING how we see what has been happening, to recognize that our capacity to shape reality has always been pivotal in how reality is created, but our misconception that reality IS, and we work only IN it, severally limits us, confuses our sense of what is actually happening, and pits us in competition.

We don't need to be. I believe Gaia has been nurturing many different paradigms THAT ARE INTENDED TO COME TOGETHER. A comprehensive energy system that honors the Chakras, the Meridians, and Jungian pschology will seriously reform the ground we stand on. I'm very excited.

I am tired now, but I thank you all for this. It is amazing to feel within this conversation, where so many different strengths and insights I lack are just right here... if such a conversation can become active collaboration,

I will be very grateful.

Good Night

Thu, August 11, 2005 - 9:28 AM
                anthropomorphic vs pedagogic, both fraught with perceptual conceptualization structures and dynamics acquired and inherited on many planes and levels of sentience...please! Professor! erh, uhm Precious Guru...A tone..mmm...mmm. ah! (sung to the tune of the "Show Bizness Theme")....There's no theory like esoteric theory, like no theory we don't know"...Azul wanders off in search of coffee, oops, I mean green tea...

Thu, August 11, 2005 - 5:26 PM
                Here comes the quantum conversation ;)

"The order, in my eye, need not be forced, but can be a natural result of EXPANDING how we see what has been happening, to recognize that our capacity to shape reality has always been pivotal in how reality is created, but our misconception that reality IS, and we work only IN it, severally limits us, confuses our sense of what is actually happening, and pits us in competition."

As much one's perception in something is how one obtains the data for something to exist, if it wasn’t for an absolute in the first place there would be no data to perceive. We live in a constant paradox of 2 opposing forces like neurons/electrons, good/evil, linear/nonlinear, male/female yin/yang ect. Existence comes from something absolute being perceived via a relative means. So it’s both the "reality" if you will and our frame/perception together combined to shape it that makes it exist. Those being the paradox. It’s like the age old question is truth relative or absolute? Personally I think it’s both coexisting within each other at the same time. One cannot exist with out the other creating the vibration of the 2...thus existing. Sort of like how it takes bad things to make us notice the good things and vice versa. For me it’s important to understand the cohabitation of the 2 paradoxes and not lean too far one way or the other being our reality or ability to perceive and shape the frame of our reality.

"He lived in India, but he practiced his own meditation without human guidance for ten years, and then busted into an energetic awareness that, to me, sounded a lot like the Chinese meridian system. My sense is that his unusual meditation lead him through the mind repeatedly, until he found the frequencies the Chinese were working on - from within - and was ripped from the Hindu frequencies into a very different reality (it hurt him a lot)."

From what ive read the Chinese(Taoists) got their technique from India(kundalini) and yes when you explore uncharted territories of energy inside your body or do it without a master, you can have harmful physical side effects from not knowing what you're doing. If you read about Taoist meditation techniques they strongly discourage this because of harmful side effects such as this.

From my own research and practice, chakra points are merely a guide in where one can locate chi inside their body. They do help in guiding the chi and finding the path it naturally runs on, especially when beginning the practice. Since chi runs throughout your entire body you don’t have to specifically focus the energy on a point but you can focus it directly on an individual organ if you want to when needed. Once you start the practice your body will communicate data to your consciousness (where before it didn’t) and let you know if an individual organ is having a problem. You can then draw energy from stronger organs to weaker ones and even feel it physically inside your body. This is called internal alchemy in comparison to western techniques to just alchemy. People have fought and defeated many diseases and sickness using this and have also been more in tune to their bodies since the communication barrier between your consciousness and your body has been dissolved.

The energy is there. It’s physical and runs along your nervous system. Chi is a very physical and scientific thing that has nonlinear/intuitional properties as well. I think its why there are so many different styles and yoga techniques to awaken the healing energy of it.
                • Unsu...

Fri, August 12, 2005 - 4:19 AM
                  'Existence comes from something absolute being perceived via a relative means. So it’s both the "reality" if you will and our frame/perception together combined to shape it that makes it exist. Those being the paradox. It’s like the age old question is truth relative or absolute? Personally I think it’s both coexisting within each other at the same time. One cannot exist with out the other creating the vibration of the 2...'

Thank You, that's excellent.

I believe we are now in a clear position to influence this relative/reality complex of our human body. And its no coincidence that comes as we are moving out of polarity, out of dualism. Your comment opens that door.

This we are set to begin learning HOW we can 'relatively' influence things. There' is an art AND a science to it. We simply must explore them well.

As you went on to articulate, Chakras function as an excellent BEGINNING to talking with our organs, and we won't receive the energy signals that will enable us to learn from them, and heal them, until we open that dialouge.

When we think of Chakras more as an energetic LANGUAGE (that most definitely 'exists', as measurable energies...) then we have greater access to influence them and change them - which we can't do with much grace or empowerment until we realize we can do it.

Yes, the energy is there. There are certainly foundational levels on which just being alive depends on universal energetic common denominators. But the Chakra system isn't one of them. This matters, because it means we can sit down and CHOOSE which Chakra/energy systems address the most needs and enable the most amazing possibilities. Then we can shepherd the evolution of the system more consciously, to enable increasingly dynamic and effective healing. It is a creative process, and a very beautiful one.

And if we don't do that, than proffessors and Guru's will proclaim it, and we'll be handed 'their' ways, which is not nearly as exciting or fun or divine.

To bring it to back into relevance... I think we can consciously choose certain frequencies to align with colors and sounds, and begin to make that a standard. The more we do that with wisdom and grace, the more effective the paradigm will be. We'll be able to heal more powerfully with color and sound, opening the door to a high level of influence co-creating our body,

energetically.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Fri, August 12, 2005 - 9:50 AM
                    "Yes, the energy is there. There are certainly foundational levels on which just being alive depends on universal energetic common denominators. But the Chakra system isn't one of them. This matters, because it means we can sit down and CHOOSE which Chakra/energy systems address the most needs and enable the most amazing possibilities. Then we can shepherd the evolution of the system more consciously, to enable increasingly dynamic and effective healing. It is a creative process, and a very beautiful one"

Yes I agree. This is why there are so many different schools of thought when it comes to opening up one's chi inside their bodies. You have the Kundalini styles then the Taoists styles witch are the most common and then you have other techniques in between. None of witch is wrong or right but really just other paths to the same place.

The trick with chakra points in most styles of meditation is that if you focus or even visualize that point, you can begin to feel the energy there hence your frame manifesting your reality.

"And if we don't do that, than proffessors and Guru's will proclaim it, and we'll be handed 'their' ways, which is not nearly as exciting or fun or divine. "

Well this is already the case in where for instance Master Mantak Chia is not liked by some Asian monks and practitioners that practice the particular style of esoteric yoga he is teaching westerners. The gurus have been practicing for years and since there are actual physical side effects of that practice, it’s a good idea to have a teacher. This is also why these particular styles have been so esoteric and secret all these years. There are ways you can explore it yourself without a master yes however there is something to be said about 1000s of years of knowledge and wisdom as well ;)

"To bring it to back into relevance... I think we can consciously choose certain frequencies to align with colors and sounds, and begin to make that a standard. The more we do that with wisdom and grace, the more effective the paradigm will be. We'll be able to heal more powerfully with color and sound, opening the door to a high level of influence co-creating our body,

energetically."

From my experience dancing is a great way to do this. It has inspired me for many years to do what I do. One way to allow sound frequencies to affect your body directly is to loose your consciousness while dancing. If you've ever studied remote viewing techniques one thing is to loose your consciousness because it corrupts the data from the nonlinear. Since you consciousness is not only a psychological barrier but it’s also a filter to what you hear, by loosing that barrier your body will connect directly with the frequencies that you hear. When this happens your body will move without any conscious thought and without conscious control. It’s not easy to do because our imaginations and opinions are always trying to insert something into our perception.

It’s a very powerful thing to do this and has extreme healing properties...hell I’m due for a session myself. It feels like your spine is directly connected to the frequencies of the music.

Fri, August 12, 2005 - 10:55 AM
                      "It’s a very powerful thing to do this and has extreme healing properties...hell I’m due for a session myself. It feels like your spine is directly connected to the frequencies of the music."

This is very true . . . every part of your body has a natural resonant frequency. In the same way that your inner ear (cochlea) responds to an entire range (20 - 20,000Hz roughly).

It's interesting that matches up with medical findings:

"The basilar membrane has a peculiar structure. It's made of 20,000 to 30,000 reed-like fibers that extend across the width of the cochlea. Near the oval window, the fibers are short and stiff. As you move toward the other end of the tubes, the fibers get longer and more limber.

This gives the fibers different resonant frequencies. A specific wave frequency will resonate perfectly with the fibers at a certain point, causing them to vibrate rapidly. This is the same principle that makes tuning forks and kazoos work -- a specific pitch will start a tuning fork ringing, and humming in a certain way will cause a kazoo reed to vibrate."

Due to varying sizes, shapes and physical/mental make-up it stands to reason the each of us will resonate slightly differently . . .

Getting lost in my point . . . but sharing anyway :-)

Namaste,

David

Tue, October 11, 2005 - 10:10 AM
                        This thread seems to concern with specific frequencies effecting various parts of the body & various bodily functions (brown note anyone?).

But I thought I'd share something that I learned last year. The amplitude of any frequency (circular motion) can be increased by the addition of energy to it at its peak cycle points. I'm assuming that you are mostly sensible people so I shall provide the proof of this.

Take a big sturdy lamp post. (well don't take it just find one - preferably in a quiet place). Push it hard & see how little you can move it. Now push it hard again to set it in motion - regardless of however minimal. At the peak of its cycle towards you, at the point it is about to move away from you - push gently with one finger, repeat as long as it takes to convince you. Please, I beg you, dont keep going till it falls over !

What I would say that this shows, if we are to know a thousand things from one, is that it is more a case of CHOOSING a resonance and amplifying it by whatever means we have available.

Mon, November 21, 2005 - 1:12 PM
            "It seems most of us agree there is no concrete, tangible resonances of the chakras, yet it also seems that there is a consensus as to the lower chakras being affected by lower tones, and the higher by higher frequencies, respectively."

I would take this a step further then just high or low frequency effecting the higher or lower energy centers respectively. The accoustical properties of the 'chakras' location in the 'cavity' has an effect on the resonance experience in the area. The internal 'shape' of the cavity responds harmonically or in dissonance to certain 'shapes' of sound.

I think there is something about the shape of waves with hemi-sync technology as well. IIRC square waves work better?

Anyways, food for thought.

Dave in Oregon
        • Unsu...

Sun, November 23, 2008 - 4:00 PM
          haha.. yes, this is true..

I forget the exact frequency now but in the DnB scene in the UK there was a frequency known as the punnani frequency.. 33Hz perhaps..
          That bass hurts.. lol

The full spectrum nature of drum and bass is partly why I love it so much.. massive bass speakers combined with analog playback (vinyl).. with clean highs, mids and lows.. can take you to an entirely new bubble reality of your choosing.. Psytrance is waaaay too digital and 'heady' for me.

Wed, November 14, 2012 - 8:13 PM
        I just found this conversation while trying to track down the frequencies to activate the chakras, but for a slightly different reason. We (at 9energies.com) have free weekly workshops in Novato to show people how to activate their Primary Energy Center.

There are 9 energy centers in the human body, co-located near or at the 7 chakras plus two more, and we're born with one more active than the other 8. While one can learn to activate all 9, activating the one that is yours, your 6th sense or superpower as it were, is a simple, physical process. Since this years (2012) Burning Man we've worked with close to 150 people in 3 months, activating their Energy Centers.

There are some that think music can help activate these centers, and those are the frequencies for which I was looking.

Choose Love
        Martin
  • Unsu...

Thu, November 17, 2005 - 6:54 PM
    Hi David,

Thanks for the post. I have been doing much of the same work for a few years now. I would like to know more about what you have found and share with you what I have.
    I have especially made much advance in the realms of Geometry. write back.

-Wade
    • Unsu...

Fri, November 18, 2005 - 10:20 AM
      Thanks for all these wonderful postings. There is much to learn. I too noticed different chakra systems at work and for the most part they are somewhat more psycho-spiritual in nature and apart from our mental construct, it’s hard to proof any version as "the right on.". The rainbow colored chakra system surprised me initially and I thought that to be the most simple but also pretty construct – easy to visualize all the colors merging into the greater universe.

I have been using tuning forks for some time now and found out that with muscle testing one can find the strongest note resonating for particular charkas and that can indeed differ from person to person. I am not sure of the musical scale moving up the charkas starting out either from C or F is the right way for all people.

Anyway, has ever somebody used the didgeridooon chakras? My friend got her charkas tuned that way and liked it a lot.

Mon, November 21, 2005 - 12:58 PM
        A great dialog here.

I have trained with Sifu Michael Vendrell who is mentioned in David Caradines book "Spirit of Shaolin" as using sound healing back in the 70's. He inherited a Taoist version of sound healing from his teacher. I have been training directly with him every 6 months since 2001. He is my Sei Gung (original teachers teacher). I did not expect to get into sound healing at the time of our initial meeting. I have been a martial artist for over 10 years.

I have asked questions such as this specifically of Sifu Vendrell. As for assigning specific "notes" to energy centers or "chakras" I have not noted that any importance is placed on this "knowledge". Rather more of a 'relational" theme is adopted.

For instance: when we are doing group chi gung practice we conclude with toning to activate and store to the energy centers, but instead of focusing on what note, we focus on the felt (kinesthetic) resonance felt in that center. The group 'note' just happens naturally.

Now what is happening internally while we focus on the kinestheric aspects?

For instance the 'accoustics' or the shape of the vocal and trunk cavities) of the lower dan tien's 'O' is different then the 'HEE' used for the middle dan tien. It is actually harder to get your lower dan tien to vibrate with a HEE sound then with an O sound. I know it sounds like common sense but try it.

That's the power of geometry applied to the accoustics of the body!

This could be paralleled with the way that energy dissipates along the curved lines of instruments creating HARMONICS. For instance a singing bowl (although some "experts" might dissagree with me) produces 5 harmonics (just like all bells) based on it's CONTOUR. The energy is being dissapatted along a curve. So as the energy is dissapated along this curve harmonics manifest as the Hum Tone -Fundamental -Minor3rd - 5th - Octave.

So this is what i've gotten out of training with Sifu Mike so far:

That understanding harmonic relationships is more inportant then memorizing some type of standardized set of esoteric rules. In this way it's all music! The ratios and relationships are a constant, even if the fundamentals change.

Thus truth can translate mediums in so far as harmonics remain constant. I think that is why they use a 'spectrum' or 'rainbow' to represent the whole system. And symbolically I think their right.... but a third and a fifth are a 3rd and 5th if they are resonating thru your body or through an instrument.... or through the instrument of your body or through a rainbow.

In my own practice this might manifest as starting with what tone intuitively feels good at the lowest dan tien, and spontaneously moving up the scale when I get to the middle dan tien, then up again when I get to the highest.

What I've noticed is that I naturally fall into 3rds and 5ths and Octaves. These are natural ratios that we see hear and feel all around us all the time. You could say that everytime you see a triangle you are seeing the 3rd harmonic manifested in physical space. Everytime you see a 5 pointed star your seeing the 5th.

As for tuning forks, bowls, etc. I've heared just as many theories probably as the rest of you. In my own practice I focus on the harmonics created between notes instead of on specific notes themselves.

This is a great discussion, and i believe the only place on the net this level of public dialog is occuring on this subject. Lets' keep it going!

Dave Copeland
        Elsie, Oregon
        www.technical-journal.com

Tue, November 22, 2005 - 12:21 PM
    Hi David,
    in reading your original post my mind reflected back....yes of course. One can not map a specific frequency due to the very nature of consciousness interfering in the attempt. For instance, one can not (at this time) due to the 'Uncertainty principle' locate the position and speed of a particle. One can do either/ or, but not both. And then (if I recall correctly) the position or speed will not be accurate in either case :) By this very observation in Quantum mechanics, the abilty to judge a frequency in sound will also be affected (at a Quantum, but very real level).
    Fox
  • Unsu...

Sun, July 20, 2008 - 11:53 AM
    bumping this thread for dominic

Mon, August 11, 2008 - 2:22 AM
      Evan hello, thanks for the bump.

This discussion challenges notions of presence and measure which when combined generate a biofeedback loop that is at once the source and the expression. Ckakras it seems are the event horizons between the symmetry of the higher frequency sources and the lower frequency realms. The higher frequencies are sources due to the extreme amount of data that light contains. As the energy slows down, the light remains the medium but it it not easily perceived by the slower expression of itself.

What's so difficult is that all frequencies are all happening at once. All things exist at all scales of reality at once. Our mind is seeking to find ONE reference point within a vortexual energy matrix that is in a constant state of flux. Life is flow! - Hans Jenny

A phenomena is the result (not the source) of movement within a medium resulting in varieties of equilibrium. In this way the source energy is always present and expressed but embedded or enfolded in a manner the requires inward vision. This seemingly contradicts the true nature of the apparent segregation caused by any phenomena that is 'over there', but maybe 'true' is based on the same limits that we aspire to transcend and is therefore relative and helplessly contained by it's own rules? Where then may a limited being discover the infinite?

It's reasonable to refer to a wavelength as a scale of reality or a dimension. Within each wavelength an infinite range of frequencies are expressed. Taking this further, what is the natural essence of an entity that contains all of the energy of Source intelligence and what wavelength is most suitable for it's predominant expression (where does equilibrium occur?). Movement through the various wavelengths I suspect is another word for evolution and the chakras are in essence the alchemical transmutation portals that receive infinite frequencies through 'our' narrow bandwidth. If one tries to perceive information from a bandwidth that is too wide or too narrow, no phenomena is available suggesting that this is indeed always present to us though not perceived.

I feel that the constant is infinite light (aka frequency expressed in Hertz / Godmind expressed through love channels - likely the Solfeggio) while the variable is the expressed form (bodies and material things) in direct relation (special relativity) to the dominant wavelength. Though the pronounced aspiration is to increase our frequencies, I feel that we ought to widen our bandwidth which includes higher frequencies on the fringes. The Hubble research team noted that stars apparently were springing into existence in response to the presence of the telescope. Said another way, infinity is already by default essence, already here.

The physical bodies we have cannot express this energy fully but nonetheless we are infinite. Ignoring the interesting theory referred to as fractalline holography which describes presence as a projection of cosmic energy via antennae we currently call DNA, and that the apparent boundaries unfold eternally, we are correct to assume that the theory points to a less superficial essence that unfolds on the fringes. The key is to observe without an opinion because the opinion draws us back into the predominant wavelength.

I say all of this to suggest that the chakras are clustered energy vortices that exist beyond the boundaries of what we deem to be physical suggesting that the projection of energy from our DNA feeds back into itself forming geometric energy patterns that correspond to discernable and measurable phenomena at our expressed scale of reality (aka wavelength). This expands the notion of phenomena to include the principle behind a phenomenal pattern. I suspect this awareness is akin to emotional mastery, BTW the same reason the Egyptian Temples were built (at specific locations and with specific proportions corresponding to the longitude and latitude of a precise point on the dodecahedral Earth grid) and with corresponding harmonic frequencies that resonate particular emotions. What happened to us? :-(

The principle of an expressed existence standing face to face with itself is the geometry of the vesica piscis. This same geometry is expressed in the eyeball as well the 4D star tetrahedron that is the energy portal between the 4th and 5th densities. I do not intend for this to sound esoteric or scientific but rather and with hope, practical. The geometry corresponds to several 'places' at once therefore providing connectivity but what then is the medium that engages simultaneity given that a mere shape is clearly not a true portal or a starship? The places are the expressed human chakra that can be made to correspond to the expressed region of space that resonates simultaneously though at a higher dimension. The ENERGY expressed via the geometry is the connecting medium while the math and the shape are visual metaphors. We are also energy so we travel via the energy of the geometry. I suspect that in time, our cells recall the 'address' and no physical ritual is required.

Lastly, note that the 3D / 4D and 5D are therefore known to us when we see both vision and its principle at once. In this 'space' the body is forgotten. Vision in this sense is 'double vision' where we see inside and outside simultaneously. If we describe this directly, we are held to the limits that the word / concepts describe so use mirrors and metaphors instead! LOL Note that other higher dimensional portals are available in the 3D as well (we are infinite after all) using corresponding geometrical configurations and spinning them at harmonic frequencies attuned to higher dimensional bandwidths. In this sense the chakra is not a phenomena but a residual portal and numerical frequencies are aspects of a larger entity that help is construct the complete resonating field we call geometry.

I am a student of Cymatics, Rife Technical, the Sacred Sciences, alternative (true) history and a number of alternative medical delivery systems as well an architect interested in the origin or form and pattern rather than style. I care about human spiritual potential. I believe that we are collectively learning that all intellectual notions are abstract and will benefit from bravely letting go of what we think we know. "But you already know what I am going to say," Neo said to the Oracle in the second Matrix movie to which she replied, "You are not here to figure out what to do because it already happened. You are here to figure out why you made the choice."
      • Unsu...

Mon, August 11, 2008 - 5:17 AM
        where do you go to school for that?
        (other than Forest)

Mon, August 11, 2008 - 11:38 AM
          Funny you ask. I asked the same question just last year. If you live in California, or are wiling to travel, about a year ago I met two people who are teachers of a most authentic, I believe, version of the Mystery School near Santa Cruz. They have sparked a number of intuitions in people whom have attended their seminars including Nassim Haramein. video.google.com/googleplayer.swf I am a student of this information for many years, BUT, I never learned one word of it in college with the exception of a few exceptional people who were on a similar track while I was in grad school. It's like a door opens and a flood of updated answers pour in....at the fringes of course. Trust me when I say, you already know this. We all do. How you choose to relate to it is uniquely up to you.
      • This post was deleted by K

Wed, August 27, 2008 - 11:04 PM
    I have just been starting to work with sound healing over the past two years. I haven't formally studied. I've known for some time that part of my soul essence is primarily ET. I just found out today it is from the Hathors. No wonder I "resonate" with sound healing:) It definitely seems to me that resonance is particular to the individual. I have a Himalayan Bowl. When I feel it I can tell it is a body harmonizer. Different people I have worked on say it corresponds to different chakras. Some people notice crown and others root chakra. My guidance says the person picks up the resonance of the chakra they are working on balancing, and notice that part of the spectrum the bowl works on.

The next part is partially based solely on my healing gifts and the way I am uniquely guided to work with people. I select tuning forks to work on an individual using kinesthetic feedback from them holding the intention of the client in mind. Often I use one or two forks to help loosen and move stuck chi throughout an individuals body and energy field. It seems that what they are working on moving with me is an overall stuck pattern that goes throughout the energy field and shows up in different chakras. As that is moved the chakras return to their own balance as most appropriate for total body harmony of the individual in their current growth period. I also use Reiki and other harmonizing vibrational therapy through my hands.

It seems that each individual has their own unique balance, and also that optimal may vary depending on their current spiritual healing path. I have tried metal chakra bowls, and they seem off for me. I love the crystal ones, but I haven't specifically noticed them working on the chakra they are designated. Maybe it is just me and the way I work as a healer?

Wed, September 3, 2008 - 3:01 AM
    Calculations, calculations, that is the way, but the calculations i have used give frequencies for the light spectrum in MHz.

This is the formula i have used to arrive at a hertz resonance for Indigo.

Wavelength of indigo light = 455 nm

This wavelength of light converts to 673690916.8539326 MHz

In order to use this in sound, i.e, music, it has to be converted to Hertz, which = 6.736 hertz, this value falling below the range of human hearing, so in order to use it as a sound, you have to double once or twice to get a reading above 20 hertz to arrive at a frequency that is audible. To actually access 6.736, you can use two frequencies, values over 20 hz , one say 20 hz and the other 26.736 hz or very close. create two pieces of music, one in each frequency, assign one to the left audio channel and the other to the right, the brain then perceives the third frequency differential of approximately 6.736.

I think this is the way to go to have any affect on the pineal. It is known scientifically that the frequency of any substance differs according to the thickness of the substance. So, taking this into account, depending on the calcification of the pineal apatite crystals, which varies from person to person, the frequency would differ greatly from person to person, so i believe is unreliable as a working model, and that sound and colour therapy is the route to take.

There is a dangerous toxin that affects the pineal, it is fluoride, and evidence suggests that fluoride is primarily responsible for the calicification of the pineal. So, it is best to avoid substances that contain fluoride, especially black and red tea, toothpaste with fluoride, and fluoridated waters. The only way to ensure you are not getting fluoride in your water, is to have a reverse osmosis device fitted to your water supply. I recently discovered that the majority of bottled waters contain fluoride.

You may find this article on the pineal of interest, or google 'the truth about flouoride'

www.fluoridealert.org/health/pineal/

I hope this will be of some help.

Sat, November 22, 2008 - 10:29 PM
      Are you sure modulation is even the key to determine what relationships the colors of the chakras have to the notes?
      I came up with this idea back in 2001, of using a "drug interaction simulator" to determine the effects substances would have on the
      body by corresponding to the mental effects that have to do with the color of the chakras, based on the photonic light readings caused by a spectromter. Basically if you hold a subtance in your hand, according to my theory, you get the substance signature the same way
      as if you ingested the substance. It may take longer to affect you, but the subtle energy in our bodies refracts substances the same *percievable* way that a spectromemter does in the electromagnetic visible spectrum to our eyes. (did I use the term refect correctly?)

Here's something I posted a while ago on Science Box:

Quantum subtle theory

Unlike electromagnetic radiation whose packets? distance are smaller than matter, tachyonic energy increments jump over areas of matter and contain their energized ?signature.? Unlike X-ray photography, tachyonic energy can create a blueprint that represents the exact structure of the object is passes through, or contains, rather than being absorbed directly. This is reason auras are created.
      Instead of light projecting itself continuously more as it is emitted from the observer (Doppler effect, we must assume time is simply perception), its projection is fractionally exponential, so it continues to emit thorough space until it reaches its divisional limit, and stops. This agrees with relativity, but our perception of time and its location is based on our conscious awareness running through hyperspace.

Drug interaction simulator

This concept simulation program uses prerecorded or simulated spectral patterns of drugs or nutrients to determine the their effect
      On human psychology. Instead of using non-coherent light in a visible range, we simulate the effect of subtle energy refraction and how
      It affects the charkas, or energy centers. The intensities of specific coherent visible light patterns are stored as variables that correspond to the colors of the front primary charkas. This will determine the overall emotional outcome caused by the sample. The multidimensional chakra positions are thought to roughly correspond to endocrine emission locations. Two types of subtle energy are
      Assumed to be involved in chemical refraction, cold and hot. Cold being constructive, forcing dispersed atoms to align, hot being the opposite, scattering them. Poisons refract hot, beneficial nutrients refract cold. This assumes the traditional idea that drugs interact with neurons at the cellular level to product biological compounds such as neurotransmitters is incorrect. The compounds in the brain
      may simply be a mass-energy reciprocal of the whole body state, caused by quantum creation from interfering subtle energies and DNA enconding as an algorithm.

Brain functionality
      at
      Being able to carry out desired tasks requires cold radiations. Forgetfulness is caused by a ?bad? attempt to retrieve information.
      The interference between to subtle types creates electrons, much like the way lightning is created.

Also, my theory is that what makes a nutrient a poision or a nutrient based on the color values is its intensity.
      So if this were true then what would become of the in-between color values?

My theory is that it is based on RGB color values. What our eyes percieve is based on that, correct?
      So, I don't have an equation, by my idea is that the "in-between spectral values" are sorted out into the individual chakras.

• Unsu...

Sun, November 23, 2008 - 4:01 PM
    You can consider that EVERYTHING is a frequency of consciousness, even the numbers themselves.. Thus, it is not so relevant what numbers are present in your frequencies, it is more abstracted than that.

Thu, April 2, 2009 - 8:39 PM
    Part of the discrepancy could be that sound as it's tuned now, since the 1920's is not really natural sound. In the 1920's it was determined that an A-note should be at a frequency of 440 when originally it was tuned around 420-425 or so. (423 resonates to hydrogen) Look again at the testing with a tone that actually impacts the energy center and see how close it is to natural sound and not what man has determined.. you may come up with a different opinion.

Check out www.love528.com

There's a concert this summer to use sound to impact bodies of water around the world... Liveh20. But it's easier to find the gig through www.love528.com

Sat, April 11, 2009 - 5:01 PM
    So, as I understood, not have much in-depth education in the area, that certain tonal frequencies correlate with specific brainwave patterns, which in turn are associated with specific states of consciousness, alpha, beta, delta, theta and all that. Knowing the basic framework of this understanding, that being exposed to certain tonal frequencies for a period of time can affect and even produce associated brainwave patterns in individuals. So now in thinking along these lines when regarding the Chakras, first, it seems the existence of the chakra is in question for some people and then the nature of chakra for others. Supposing that exists within the framework understanding of hindu or taosist chakras. would the same concept of the brainwaves be relative in anyway? if the tonal and color structure of the chakra is specific to the individual, then is there a way to determine what that individuals frequencies might be. Even regardless of the concept of chakra but just the living energy of a particular individual, a way of measuring or even ballpark determination of what tonal frequencies might have a specific healing effect on that specific individual. Given the subtle differences in the chemical make up of people and how different things affect people differently because of those subtle differences. perhaps someone could find a way to determine the frequencies that affect a specific person on an individual basis rather that trying to find a universal sequence that applies to all.
    • K
      K
      offline 246

1)
      Mod KT removed the, ahh, "jello rabbit sunshine grandmother ritual" flake-out post on this thread.
      Just to streamline things here.

2)
      Maybe "certain tonal frequencies correlate with specific brainwave patterns, which in turn are associated with specific states of consciousness, alpha, beta, delta, theta and all that. [ and ] that being exposed to certain tonal frequencies for a period of time can affect and even produce associated brainwave patterns in individuals. . ."

Yes, that would be brainwave entrainment.

I actually met Joe Kamiya at his Biofeedback research labs at U Cal San Francisco. He was very open to talk to a seventeen year old kid, and he handed me off to his mystical henchman Dave, whom I will always remember as Dave the Crazed Physicist. Dave was a big influence on me, and provided my first mystical teaching on the West Coast, sitting under a tall tree in the park.

Anyway, sonic entrainment is real. It even happens between pianos I am told.

Will add that ritual is also about shared vibes on different levels.

KT

Recent topics in "Sound Healing and Sacred Speech"